Sunday, May 20, 2007

Excitingness

So I got some exciting news this week, I have a jewellery stand at Greenbelt! Yay!! The letter said they'd turned loads of people away so I am super-chuffed! Greenbelt is a christian music and arts festival which is held at Cheltenham race course over the August bank holiday weekend. It's big, and exactly the kind of place where my hippy, eco-friendly jewellery will fit right in! I've also been cracking ahead with Strawberry Fair plans, as it's in two weeks! Eeeek! But it will be great, I can't wait to get Astareal out there.

Today I started my earring display - this involves cutting out really thick pieces of card, covering them all in paper, sticking the pieces together with masking tape, lots of layers of paper-mahce, and then lots of varnish. So I'm going to be covered in PVA glue for the foreseeable future! Heehee.

I went into Coventry yesterday and went to the awesome knitting shop, where I stroked all the Rowan yarns and told them I loved them, and then bought this massive ball of Marble Chunky. 200g, 312m, 100% acrylic but soo soft, and in a beautiful blue/purple/green colourway. I'm planning on making the Fat-Bottomed bag from the Happy Hooker with it, so I shall post pictures when I'm done. Here's the ball with my mobile for scale! It's massive...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also got an order for some custom dreads yesterday which was ace, black ones to be Jack Sparrow in...they're going to be made soon and sent off to America next week!

So yeah, very busy here! I've made lots of pretty jewellery too but that'll have to wait until my desk is glue-free before I can take photos! :) Have a happy sunday, Ses

No comments: